Showcasing Successful Actions in Protection
Nominate your Project
Xavier Network (XN) participating members invite their projects to showcase a successful action in protection. Closing date for nominations is 1st April’23.
Projects need to be partnered with a XN member for 3 years or more, prior to applying.
Projects need to be meeting the XN Minimum Requirements in Safeguarding and Validating Questions.
Each XN member will put forward a max of 3 nominations to the XN Child Safeguarding Committee for assessment, with one nominee to be confirmed for the award. Assessment will be based on:
- The project’s ability to showcase their protection work
- Evidence of the impact the protection work is having, for example:
- reduced violence
- Increased reporting to police within local communities
- The potential for the protection work to be upscaled or replicated elsewhere
- The change that has occurred in the location due to the intervention.
The assessment criteria does not favour protection work that has large numbers of beneficiaries if it cannot be linked to positive changes.
The awardee will be informed of the outcome 1st Jun’23. The award will be €5,000 for the project. 50% will be requested to be spent on the wider work of the project, with 50% on further safeguarding and protection work by the project. Projects in second and third place will receive €3,000 and €2,000 respectively.
The awarding ceremony will be a virtual meeting with the XN Members on 15th Jun ‘23, coinciding with 4th June International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression and 15th June World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
1) Download your application form here in English, French or Spanish.
2) Please submit your application to your main contact at the participating XN Members below: